Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Concrete Jungle Weekly Livin'

Last week I decided to take a random trip to the city that never sleeps, which I indeed barely got to do. It's funny some of you readers are New Yorkers & y'all pretty much over your state n shit but I can't express the amount of love and appreciation that I got for it, it's attitude and it's flaws in particular. OK & no doubt about it your subway system that sucks but I find so aesthetically pleasing, but shit try getting somewhere on time oh forget it son!

 Got to visit Bk, The Boogie Down, the city and of course the lovely boro of QUEENS where I got to crash! My hilarious girls, a fellow graffhead, some pocket change, some slappys, krinks, Lupe, free wi-fi, gettin lost, MadeMe and mad crazy calories pretty much summed up my trip. Kinda needed a va-cay and tell me how you can offer me somewhere hot down south and yet id still rather head to the Empire State. Living in Montreal and being so close to NYC I guess I sorta got the best of both worlds. Met a couple of super dope artists and got my exploration & ponderation on in regards to alot of shit I needed to escape n' think about. 

But tell me, when was the last time you just said fuck it and got your impromptu roadtrip on? I mostly forgot everything I wanted to carry with me on this trip (including my mind, but hey!) regardless still managed to make the best out of what I had. Which is what it's all about (here's where I bust in my Rev Run speech lol). Not dwelling on what you could have but what you currently DO have, because say you actually get what you think you could have..then that becomes what you currently have and shit never ends... Wow, anybody else feel they need a joint after that last sentence? Lol feel me. 

My favorite part of Ny's streets is the free sticker gallery we get to see. None of you guys even notice lol but I be up spotting em all! Showin my respects to magazine stands and mail-posts. 
& as for me, my whole pack is gone, here are my faves, see if you can find yours truly. & once more....SHOUTOUT TO NYC!!!!