Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jesus Saves [graffiti]



Hmm ever thought of this... Religion and Graffiti as one? I never would of thought they could mix together more beautifully. Im talking about New York's one and only Jesus Saves. An all-time favorite of mine since my first NYC visit. While us writters are  here figuring out our 4 to 5 letter tag names and planning ways to spread it throughout our cities, this guy comes up with the simplest, truest and straightforward tag: Jesus Saves. I'm not religious, but this guys work did actually get me to start thinking that im not alone and always to keep the faith. He's the artist serving for christ! 


Did I mention how amazingly humble, genuine and respectful he is? Definitely, One of my faves. Look out for the greatest! A true worldwide legend. and that's a statement. Its what it's about, spreadin your word and havin people open their eyes and MINDS to ask or wonder about your story. More of his work here


"...bendiciones sola y recuelda que aunque te llama sola en realidad no esta sola..dios esta a tu lado :) blessing"-JS






Bombing Science: Let's start with the name - "Jesus Saves". What is the meaning behind that particular name? What is your reason for using it?
"Jesus Saves: The meaning behind Jesus Saves is salvation through Jesus Christ. I started writing Jesus Saves since 1995 and I started hitting up every borough hoping and believing that through my Jesus Saves tag New York City can be saved by believing it and receiving it and the reason why I use it is because this was my way of preaching the gospel to influence a lot of young cats in the streets na’mean. As I write it on the walls, it preaches for me 24/7, it is a message I leave behind for many people to see it and realize that salvation is found through Jesus Christ not through church, religion or being a goody goody."


Hope you spread these visual goodies in Canada soon!
-Amor y Paz
[s]oul [o]asis [l]ove [a]rts