Monday, March 25, 2013

If only I can freeze this specific age of youth we livin' in...

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, I write this today in complete excitement at 3 in the morning only because I am so happy to be young and enjoying every minute of it. I'm going to assume that my readers are all youngsters (I could be wrong, sorry!) so this here post is about one thing: savoring youth... Enjoying this time the most, where your body, your emotions and your aspirations need to be at their best performance. None of that laziness, continuous sleeping in bed past 3 pm shit. That ain't savoring your youth, that's just plain old wasting potential time to be living. We should understand that we are young and it lasts long for a reason, so that we can be the best damn youngins we can be while figuring out our calling. 

I am 23 years old, I only give myself about once a month (if I ever even do) to party. Although don't get me wrong, I do believe being young consists of carefree wild livin', but I believe in it to a certain extent. We should find a way to balance these times, between steady productive work and leisure, and that is exactly what I do. Incorporating my artwork and ideologies into my daily life, I find that balance which leads to my happiness. 

Every day I wake up early and jump at the chance to expand my mind and realize more and more of the great opportunities we have as kids growing up. We get to discover how the world works, how our feelings work, then we start to understand the essence of what we do. And that is why youth is handed to us, to experiment, experience and perceive these meanings. We are given our clocks of youth in order to take advantage of every minute, to blast our music, to go on roadtrips, to eat junkfood, to write on walls, to dance around and to partake in as many acts of rebellion. Not to overwork ourselves, not to infatuate ourselves with making the most money, not to stay high aaaaaaaall the time nor to sit at home and stay depressed because our boos left us. Find what interests you and explore the living life out of it while you still can, let it be the outcome to your future. Forgive me for sounding like Rev Run here, but as corny as things sound, does not make them untrue.

Discovering, exploring, traveling, creating, making mistakes, learning, helping, loving, befriending and achieving positive changes will make us remarkable older adults. These are realities that are evident to us, but that still need to be said out loud once in order to understand their power. Really, there is never a better time than now, because one day we are going to wake up unable to do a lot of what we can freely do today. Sit back and take a good look at life kid, let's start wisely livin' it up because we are in control of the rest of our lives. At 65, we're goin' to smile knowing that we lived the best damn youthful life we could of ever lived. 

As I conclude this post, I got nothing but a rush of youthful positivity I can only hope to transcend through your screen as you read this. 
Enjoy life productively young cub.
Forever young,
SOLA